Hello friends how are you all doing its been a while that I have published any new article on the site, because I was quite busy with my exams and office work that I didn’t get much time to write about anything but now I am done with my exams and you can probably tell how they went ;P.
I have been very interested in RFID hacking and Proxmark 3 as it is the gold standard in the RFID hacking world and finally I got the latest version Proxmark 3 RDV4 <3. With this updated version of Proxmark there are many big improvements to the design which I absolutely love.
The Proxmark 3 RDV4 is a dedicated, highly-capable multi-tool for RFID analysis, providing reading, writing, analysis, snooping, replaying, emulation, modulation, demodulation, decoding, encoding, decryption, encryption for any RFID system operating in the 125KHz, 134KHz, and 13.56MHz frequencies.
Since its original creation in 2007, there have been huge leaps in the electronics field. The new Proxmark is a fully revised, modernized version of the already powerful RDV2.
This is the latest version of Proxmark 3 platform. The RDV 4 revision represents a very optimized piece of hardware which targets the pen-testing community and more specifically the “Physical Pen-testing teams”. Main highlights of this version are:
- Covert: Fits easily into a hand and pocket
- Modular: Rapidly switch pre-tuned antennas for more range when in the field
- Intuitive: Multiple Status LEDs for at-a-glance status checking
- Android Compatible: Works with Project Walrus for automated red-teaming
- Expandable: BLE/Wifi module expansion capability for automated data egress
This is the most optimized tool for pen-testing where performance and discretion are utmost priorities.
Business card sized, ABS case.
Updated CPU and over 8x memory.
Highly optimized internal antennas.
Hot-swappable antennas & SIM reader.
READY TO GO
Everything you need is included in the box.
- Proxmark 3 RDV4
- Pretuned LF Antenna – 125KHz & 134KHz (Internal)
- 1x Pretuned HF Antenna – 13.56MHz (Internal)
- Micro USB Cable
- 1x Screw Driver (for external antenna mounting)
- Medium Range HF Antenna
- Long Range HF Antenna
- SIM / SAM Reader Module
RFID Tags / Cards
- 1x ‘Magic’ 1k UID Changeable – PVC Card format
- 1x T5577 Tag – PVC Card format
- Windows: XP, 7, 8, 10 (All Versions)
- OS/X: 10.0 – 10.7 (All Versions)
- Linux: Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc (All Versions)
- Android: Specific Builds
Will be covering installation in next article so stay tuned for that furthermore I will be covering how you can use Proxmark for cloning and cracking RFID card if you liked the article do let me know in the comments.