Hello friends so today we will be talking about the first step which is required to perform a successful attack. Information Gathering it is really important that you know as much as you can about your target before you proceed further with your testing. It is the key to a successful attack.
Introduction to Dmitry:-
So in this post i am going to tell you How to use Dmitry in Kali Linux to gather information from your target. So first of all we need to know that Dmitry is ? Dmitry is also know as Deepmagic Information Gathering Tool it is a Unix/(GNU)Linux CLI tool. It have wast range of abilities to gather as much as information from the target host. Some of the basic functions that its able to perform are subdomains, email address, tcp ports, whois lookups and many more.
The following is a list of the current features:
- An Open Source Project.
- Perform an Internet Number whois lookup.
- Retrieve possible uptime data, system and server data.
- Perform a SubDomain search on a target host.
- Perform an E-Mail address search on a target host.
- Perform a TCP Portscan on the host target.
- A Modular program allowing user specified modules
- Author : James Greig
- License : GPLv3
How to Use :-
[email protected]:~# dmitry -h
Deepmagic Information Gathering Tool
"There be some deep magic going on"
dmitry: invalid option — ‘h’
Usage: dmitry [-winsepfb] [-t 0-9] [-o %host.txt] host
-o Save output to %host.txt or to file specified by -o file
-i Perform a whois lookup on the IP address of a host
-w Perform a whois lookup on the domain name of a host
-n Retrieve Netcraft.com information on a host
-s Perform a search for possible subdomains
-e Perform a search for possible email addresses
-p Perform a TCP port scan on a host
* -f Perform a TCP port scan on a host showing output reporting filtered ports
* -b Read in the banner received from the scanned port
* -t 0-9 Set the TTL in seconds when scanning a TCP port ( Default 2 )
*Requires the -p flagged to be passed
Here is the video about how you can use it to test your target.
There different attributes that you can use to narrow down the results to what you want. If you have any questions do let me know.